Day 7: Where you are in your life vs. where you thought you would be at this point

If you have been following my posts or have a relationship with me that goes beyond acquaintance, then you might be able to guess my thoughts on today's challenge.


Where you are in your life right now:

I am a 26 year old woman. I work full time as a Hospital Operator at a major hospital in the Twin Cities. I also work part time as an administrator at my church. I am very much single, but open and looking. I have zero children. I currently live with roommates but am looking to find my own place soon.

I am also working with some friends to get a nonprofit up and running. We are Culture Kids International. Check us out on Facebook, Blogger, and Instagram.


Where you thought you would be at this point:

By 26 years old I expected to be married or in a serious relationship. Maybe have a child or two if I was married. I would probably have been working for a nonprofit gaining experience in something I know could benefit my future goals more.

I thought while I was at university that I would have met someone. For some reason I had a strong sense that I would meet someone while there or during that time in my life.

Reflecting on how I was as a person during that time in my life and comparing it to who I am now, I think a serious relationship or marriage would have been bad timing for me. I am more stable, more confident, and more self aware now than I was back then.



I am content with my life right now. Maybe I do not like my job and have had to move from place to place every year (that's a long story), but I am building a good life, something that in five or ten years  I will look back on and be proud of.

Comments

Popular Posts