Day 23: Non-single people

Today's challenge: Talk about a moment when you got annoyed with a married friend, a person in a relationship, or a person with kids.


I have not blogged in a few days for a couple of reasons:

  • I had a busy weekend with work and church. Just been so exhausted.
  • I have not been feeling the best emotionally. 
  • There is a lot on my mind.
  • I wanted to avoid talking about the challenge for today.

One of the reasons I was attracted to this blog challenge was because lately I have been feeling like the token single person, especially when it comes to my family. When I travel home to see my family, I feel like such a burden when I ask if I can stay at someone's house. I feel unwelcome.

Because of this, going home has become a bit stressful for me. I do not like feeling like a burden or that I am invading someone's space. These are horrible emotions to deal with.

So it is not so much that it is an annoyance that I feel with my siblings who are married and have kids, it is more so an imaginary annoyance I feel is placed on me for not being married or having kids. 

Does that make any sort of sense???

Anyway, that is where I am at with all of this. I am having to deal with that voice in my head telling me I am a burden when I hope that is far from the truth.

Comments

Popular Posts