Day 5: The biggest misconception you think people have about single life.

I would say the biggest misconception that I perceive from my own single life is that there is something wrong with me. This thought is more so my own idea about my single life. I have never had this misconception about a fellow single person, and as far as I know, no one has outwardly told me that something is wrong with me and therefore I am single.

This is not a thought I have all the time. When I feel rejected, wondering what is wrong with me is often my initial thought.

Sharing that thought on my blog just now (not just having my idea of rejection be a personal thought as usual) makes me sad for myself. I would never want my single friends to see themselves as a failure, as something that is tossed aside, as having something be wrong with them.

So why should I think that about myself??

I need to be more loving and gracious to myself. Fear of rejection has always held me back.
Because I am feeling a bit down, I am going to share four things I love about myself.


  1. I am a good listener.
  2. I am sensitive.
  3. I am organized.
  4. I love to laugh.


Comments

Popular Posts