Day 11: Your worst/funniest/most embarrassing date

I have not been on what I would consider an official date. But what is a date anyway??

I went on a weird date about two years ago. The guy was much older than me, and he was quite serious about a future together. He was from Africa. English was not his first language.

We took the bus to a restaurant that he picked out. He had never been there and did not know what type of food they served. It was a typical American diner serving typical American food. He had no idea what to order, was hesitant about speaking to the waiter, and needed help picking out something to order.

I ended up paying for the meal because I had found out he was in between jobs. I had not expected him to pay, but I figured we would both pay for our own meals.

Afterward we went for a walk, and he kept trying to hold my hand. He was too cold, but I was fine. We stopped at an African shop, and he showed me some of the snacks he likes to eat.

Then we walked back to my place. He kept trying to kiss me before he left but I refused. I did not care for kissing him.

We both had different intentions. He wanted something serious, but I just wanted to hang out. I have no idea why I decided to go out with him because he was too old for me and not really what I was looking for in a partner. Saying yes to hanging out with him only led him on.

I am quite embarrassed about the whole thing. But this is a no judgment zone. Alright? ☺

Comments

Popular Posts