Day 22: Friends

Yesterday morning I woke up to a text from one of my best friends, Kayla. We texted back and forth for the next couple of hours until I got to work. During our conversation, she asked if my future roommates and I were still looking for another roommate since I have frequently told her about my stress involving this situation. She messaged one of my future roommates about possibly moving in with us.

What!!! Yes!!!!!

Kayla has been my roommate before, and we have known each other for almost 5 years now. It seems like she will be moving in, which I'm so pumped about.

Besides all of this, Kayla asked if I needed any help packing, and she said she wanted to see me sometime this week. I mentioned that I needed more help cleaning my apartment. So we made plans for her to come over last night and help me clean the kitchen and wash the windows in the living room.

Just before I left work last night, I got a phone call from one of my other best friends, Elissa. She had a hard day at work and needed some Kari time. So I invited her over after work thinking that it would be nice to have two of my best friends over. All three of us lived together in the exact apartment I am packing and cleaning. What a happy reunion!

Sunday night as I lay in bed thinking about how my Monday might unfold, I planned on trying to do more packing and cleaning after work, and maybe continue watching The Office on Netflix. Inviting my friends over was a more fulfilling choice.

Even though it was blazing outside yesterday and I was sweating buckets in my apartment, my heart was full with the quality time I was able to spend with two dear friends. I am quite blessed by their friendship and acceptance of me in the midst of seeing me sweat and try to pack efficiently. And even though the two of them didn't help me pack or clean, which was fine with me, I still enjoyed listening to them discuss the essence of life for us 20-somethings trying to figure out what's next.

So what I did for myself yesterday was open my door to friends.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts