Day 2: "Everything you know is worth the time spent learning it."

I love quotes. 
There are less than a handful that I can cite from memory. But I enjoy being challenged by someone's words whether it was a line from a sermon that caught my attention, something an old professor spoke during a passionate rant, or a paragraph from a book. 
I like to jot them down, post them on Facebook, or store them in some way hoping that I will return to those words when I most need to hear them.

Today was a long day, but that is how my Tuesdays and Thursdays have become. I recently (re)injured my back and finally decided to get it checked out instead of trying to nurse it on my own. It turns out my lower back and neck are completely out of whack, and I will most likely be receiving chiropractic care for the rest of my life...

My chiropractor is in Uptown, and since I work in St. Paul, I have to hop on the light rail and take a bus transfer to make it to my 5:50pm appointment on time. After the short appointment, I wait 10 minutes for a different bus which takes me down Franklin Avenue where I walk the remainder of the way to my apartment on Chicago. 

As I was walking tonight, not much was on my mind except how I was going to change into my pajamas and jump into bed as soon as I got home---that's what long days do to me. Just a block from my destination, a sign caught my attention. Taped to a large apartment building sign was a small note written in capital letters on a brown piece of paper. 


"Everything you know is worth the time spent learning it."


I know I could easily apply this quote to just about any trial I have faced recently or in the past, but I decided not to....for now.

I am going to tuck it away, store it on my phone and in this blog post, and come back to it when I know it will bring me the hope I need. 

And quite possibly one of my readers (which I honestly don't know how many of you there are) might need these words today more than I needed them. So here's to you!

Comments

Popular Posts