Day 19: New Shoes!!

Friday morning on my way to work, I made a spur of the moment decision to purchase new shoes after work. I looked down, frowned at the worn out shoes on my feet, and decided it was time to get some cute shoes for work.

On Fridays I work half days since I teach Friday school at night. (Friday school is what I call my children's ministry class since we only meet for church on Fridays.) I finished up my work and left the office just before 1pm. I rode the light rail to Snelling Avenue, got off, and walked a block to Payless.

I'm quite an indecisive shopper. This is why I usually don't go shopping with other people. I like to think through my purchases and make sure I'm getting exactly what I want.

I browsed the aisle for much longer than I thought I would. But I found a cute pair of gray flats. I decided it was much overdue for a good pair of flats since the previous pair I owned were destroyed in Uganda from the mud.

There was a clearance sale that day, so I looked mainly at the shoes with marked down prices. The flats I bought were listed at $17. After getting to the checkout counter and having a conversation with the young lady about how we both drink out of mason jars (this was spurred by the small jelly jar I set down on the counter while rummaging through my bag). She proceeded to say the total was $14. While handing her my card, I asked why it was only $14. She said they are starting to get rid of summer items to get ready for their back to school sale. Some of the items marked down were not listed at mark down price yet. So I saved more money than I expected.

Lucky me!

Here are my new shoes that kind of look like mini turbans for my feet. I still like them though. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts