Day 20: Global Music

A few days ago I read a post on Facebook about the Midtown Global Music Festival to be held today. As someone who loves culture, I decided this would be the perfect way to spend my Saturday. I got my friend Elissa to come with me.

The event went from 2-8pm with three stages for musical entertainment from around the world. We arrived around 3pm, got some Vietnamese coffee, and received a flyer of the scheduled performances for the day while enjoying the musical performance in the center of the market. We looked at the program and pointed at which performers we wanted to see the most.

The first dance performance at the event were Aztec dancers. The stage was not in the building, so I approached a lady wearing a volunteer shirt to ask where to find the additional stages. She said she didn't know, then offered to give us Global Market cash if we answered a 4 question survey.

Score! I got $2 to use at any vendor in the building. I bought tacos. :)

We made our way outside to the parking lot where the other two stages were located. The dancers looked beautiful with their feathered hats and flashy outfits. The performance I most wanted to see were the West African drumming group.

It was a relaxing afternoon filled with music, good food, and people enjoying the gift of singing and dancing from all over the world.


Comments

Popular Posts