Day 27-28: Deep Clean

As some of you may know, I'm moving to Uptown on August 1st. I'm excited!! I have been cleaning, and packing, and throwing things out, and cleaning some more, and packing, and repacking....

When it comes to packing for trips and such, I usually procrastinate and try to do everything the night before. Because this is my first BIG move, I have been making myself spread the cleaning and packing responsibilities throughout the the two weeks prior to my move. This way I do not feel rushed. 

I still have a lot to do, but my checklist is getting ticked off slowly by slowly. (FYI, saying ticked instead of checked and saying slowly by slowly are two things I grabbed from my Ugandan friends.)

My goal is to have all of my cleaning and most of my packing done before Thursday when my current roommate is checking out. 

Even though it's a lot of work to do on my own, I'm thankful I did not procrastinate and treat myself like the college student I used to be. Procrastination is not my middle name anymore! :)

Comments

Popular Posts