Day 16: Gratitude Attitude

If you read my post  for Day 15, you will see that it was a hard day. I woke up on Tuesday morning feeling exhausted as if I had barely rested. I spent a majority of my morning worrying about my finances, talking on the phone with loan people, and brainstorming solutions with my mom.

As the day progressed, I pushed these thoughts aside to focus on my clients.

I left work early to go to my scheduled chiropractor appointment. My plan was to tell my chiropractor that I would no longer be able to see him because I just can't afford the costs. My insurance is weird, and nothing was really working right for me.
I didn't want to tell him this news because I know how crucial it is to get my back and neck healthy again. I knew that discontinuing my appointments would only make things worse.
So before he made any adjustments, I told him everything that was on my mind as far as insurance issues and not having enough money.

Can I just tell you that my chiropractor has been so thoughtful, encouraging, and supportive since I began seeing him? Well, he has! I would recommend him to anyone!

He told me that we would work things out because he would hate more than anything to see my back and neck in terrible shape again. And he complimented me by saying I have been good at following his plan and doing the exercises that he instructs me to do on a daily basis. I'm serious about this!

After the adjustments and talking a bit more, I left the office feeling like things might start looking up.

While waiting for bus #2 to arrive, I saw that someone had recently written on an electrical box at the corner across from me. Hoping that my bus wouldn't arrive before I made it back to the bus stop, I crossed the street to snap a picture of this beautiful street art.

I needed this reminder. I needed to know that my gratitude--the hope that I might  be able to continue going to my chiropractor--was the reason I walked out of the office with a lighter step and a smile of hope.


Comments

Popular Posts