Day 21: Cleaning

I like to keep my living space clean, especially when I'm living with others. Personally I think it is being mindful of others no matter what their living preference is. This is how I have always been. But when I live alone or have my own room, things slowly become messy. I believe that most people wouldn't think it was bad, but to me it is something I never want others to see.

I think the way I perceive myself around others should also reflect in my home life. I don't want to be someone who owns a different mask for each occasion. I want to be inviting as a person and also in my home. 

My current roommate basically moved out at the beginning of the month. Since then I have slacked on cleaning. I have been lazy. If a friend were to knock on my door unexpectedly, I would be so embarrassed.

So yesterday I started packing for my move on August 1st, but I also cleaned. I vacuumed the whole apartment. As I did so, I moved the furniture, picked up bobby pins that are not mine, and organized my belongings for packing. 

In the midst of all of this, I also did two loads of laundry. 

I crawled into bed just after midnight, exhausted but feeling much better about the face lift I gave my apartment. Sometimes cleaning is therapy. :)

Comments

Popular Posts