Day 17: Asking for help.

I can be very stubborn and independent. I think this developed because of life circumstances. I haven't always been this way

I like to control my life. So as you might be able to guess, my relationship with God and trusting Him has always been a big topic in our relationship. I constantly find myself getting too far ahead of myself when I realize I completely forgot about letting God be in control, let alone including Him in my life.

I suck at including.... 

Today I made a choice that is not always easy for me to do. I asked for help. 

This federal loan that I mentioned in the post for Day 15 is now resolved thanks to my wonderful mother. I wouldn't have been able to do it without her, especially since she is the actual borrower of the loan. So the whole situation was really in her hands. For someone like me who wants to be in control and know what is going on, it was hard to let my mom do her thing.

But it all worked out, and my mom said, "It's going to be okay." And in that moment I trusted her and believed her. I know it seems so simple, but sometimes for situations that overwhelm me so much, the hardest thing for me to do is humbly ask for help.


Yesterday I was scrolling through my newsfeed on Facebook when I saw a picture that my mother had posted. The subject for the post said, "For you Kari." If I hadn't have been scrolling through the newsfeed, I would have missed this post because she did not tag me.


My mom is the sweetest? I cannot imagine my crazy life without her. Love you, mom. :)


Here is the picture she posted:

Comments

Popular Posts