Day 4: Your biggest fear as a single person.

I just asked one of my coworkers this question to get a feel for her answer. As I assumed, her answer was along the same lines as mine. These past three questions have had cliche answers. I am hoping things become more interesting after this post.

My biggest fear as a single person is still being single at the end of my life. As I previously noted in some posts, I deeply desire to be married and have about 10 children. (Not seriously! But I am from a big family and therefore would like a big family of my own.) Not being able to do life with someone else and having companionship is my biggest fear as a single woman.

After discussing my generic answer with my coworker, I mentioned that another fear of mine as a single woman is not having someone to depend on. I have a large network of family and friends who I know love and support me in multiple ways, but I believe that companionship one receives from a partner is inherently different. I often wonder how situations or circumstances in my life would be different if I had a boyfriend/husband to rely on.

No matter what happens, even if I end up single for the rest of my life (*crosses fingers hoping that is not true*), I know I will always have my family, my friends, and whatever community I am invested in.

Comments

Popular Posts