Day 6: Sound off on the quote "Every woman has the exact love life she wants."

First off, I do not like how this quote generalizes women. Making generalizations and assumptions is a major pet peeve for me. Therefore I am going to focus on how this quote relates to me. 

New quote: "Kari has the exact love life she wants."

Much better. ☺

I think this can be understood in a way that the love life I want should be how I am presently living. I refuse to be the type of woman who expects a relationship to solve all of my problems. A relationship should be an extension or complementation of who I am. In other words, I should seek out ways to be loved right now.

While attending a Christian university, I quickly became aware of the 5 Love Languages assessment. At first the book and test were developed for married couples, but it has been adapted for single individuals. I have been fortunate to live with various roommates in the past who were cognitively aware of the ways I receive love and blessed me in those ways. But when I have lived with people who were not aware of my love languages or did not express love in the way I best receive it, then I needed to seek alternatives.

I have come to a conclusion that when I do not feel loved, then a way for me to receive love is to extend love in the way I best receive it. So maybe my love life is not exactly how I wish it to be, with buckets of love being dumped over me, but I have a clear idea of the love life I want and how to go about receiving it.

In case you were wondering, my top love languages are Receiving Gifts, Physical Touch, and Words of Affirmation. 

Practical ways I receive love:
  • Hugs
  • Handwritten notes or letters
  • Thoughtful gifts
  • Reaching out to me out of the blue
  • Verbal compliments (not trying to seem arrogant in anyway, but it is nice for me to hear verbal appreciation)
  • Coffee

Comments

Popular Posts