Day 22: Modern-Day Dating

Today's challenge: What would you say is the most challenging aspect of modern-day dating?



That is modern-day dating. πŸ‘†
This quote hits all aspects of the frustrations I have experienced.


I have come in contact with so many men who, for lack of a better word, do not have the balls to admit they want a relationship or who fail to take a step further into the direction of a relationship.

One of my friends who I have known for most of my life has expressed concern in this aspect of modern-day dating. She has continually dated guys who fear commitment when she is fully committed.
I am in the same boat, sister!

I want a man who is confident, who is proud of spending time with me and getting to know me. Not a guy who cowards at the fact of dating.

Another challenge is the whole social media side of dating. I am not really into that. I hope to meet someone in a natural way. I know online dating has helped to aid the dating process, but social media has also changed how everyone interacts and goes about their lives. I am all for others using dating sites, but it is not for me.

One of my coworkers, a fellow single woman, said this when I asked her thought on the challenge for today:
I feel like men now, especially with social media, have endless possibilities of meeting women and thinking why settle when there's so many women out there that I can just play the field. It makes it hard on single girls like us, because it never gives us the chance really to find a guy who wants to commit.
Preach!

Don't get me wrong. Not all men are like this. And certainly there are some women who play the field and fear commitment. But there truly is a challenge in this area of modern-day dating.

So there you go. Commitment and social media are, in my opinion, the biggest challenges of dating right now.

Comments

  1. I'm loving this blog series! But I've got one point to add to today's challenge. And yes, I mean add, not contradict even though it may seem that way at first. The mentality your coworker mentioned of endless possibilities adding to the growing lack of commitment is two-fold. Yes, many (men and women) function with this mindset and steer clear of committing "too quickly". But, there are also those who live under fear of this meantality- accepting it as truth but also being fearful of it. And that creates another problem and bump that relationships have to go through. Meeting a great guy online can be wonderful, but believing in the back of one's mind that perhaps he's thinking there could be something more that's so easily accessible strains a relationship in a way that we didn't quite understand before social media and online dating. That's just my little addition :) it is true, but we can't let the fear of it get the better of us :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts