Day 8: Niblings

I love my niblings (nieces and nephews). There are nine of them, and two on the way. Their ages range from 18 years to 22 months. I love all of them and cherish their individuality.

I live in another state and do not get to see my family as often as I would like to. Since I graduated from university three years ago, time with my family became a priority as school breaks were no longer my option to go home and be with them. Traveling home requires scheduling time off from work, filling up the gas tank, and having extra money to spend.

But it's so worth it.

Spending time with my niblings has always been precious to me. It is fun to watch them grow and learn.

Here are some moments from today that blessed my heart:

  • Walking into my sister's house and having my niece Ruby run straight to me and give me a hug. 
  • Hearing that Ruby often prays for me when they say their prayers. 
  • Libbey asking me to sit by her for lunch and supper. 
  • Painting Ruby's toenails. 
  • Hugging John. 
  • Teaching John the names of the tools in his toy toolbox. 
  • Helping Libbey get dressed to go outside. 
  • Getting an invite to join the kids at the mall tomorrow. 
  • Talking with Taylor on the phone. 
  • Playing crazy games with Riley. 
  • Giving Riley a million kisses. 
  • Snuggling with Nathan. 
  • Getting a hug from Nathan before he went to bed. 

These little moments mean so much to me. I love the auntlife. 

Comments

Popular Posts