Day 12: Snow Day Prayer

My plan was to travel back to Minneapolis today, but due to blizzard conditions throughout North Dakota and some of Minnesota, I stayed an extra day. I woke up this morning, checked the weather and road conditions, text my boss to tell her what was going on, and made the choice not to risk my own safety.

So this morning I enjoyed multiple cups of coffee while watching my brother chase his sons around the living room with a remote control monster truck. Later we had lunch and played card games. In the evening I made chili and helped watch my nephew Riley while everyone went to the movie theater. I ended the day by washing some cloths and packing my bags.

I sure will miss being with family. It has been a long five days here. I am ready to see my roo and sleep in my own bedroom. But I'm nervous to travel under these weather conditions.

I would like to end this snow day post with a prayer since I am overwhelmed with worry at the moment.



Father,
While life was calm for a few days and the weather caused the busyness to pause, reality has set back in. My thoughts instantly cause worry and stress. So I begin to thank You for this time I had at home with my family. I thank You for each and everyone family member I was able to see. I am blessed to have them in my life. I pray for their safety and my own as we begin to travel home or to our next destination. I ask for peace and strength among the challenges and concerns we each have been facing. Thank You for Your provision and love for us.

In Your Name,
Amen

Comments

Popular Posts