Day 2: Church Family

In February of this year I started going to a church that weighed heavily on my heart and mind for the past few years. I was afraid of what would be in store for me if and when I eventually attended this church. I have only been attending the church for 10 months, and it has changed my life in so many ways.

I have officially taken on a part time position as the administrative assistant at the church. I could not be more excited about this opportunity. This is my happy place. I thrive doing work that is supportive and helpful.


Some of these skills of mine came into play this past month as we prepared for the annual Christmas program. I was in charge of the administrative details. I formatted the rehearsal schedule, created an awesome program, and made sure the director kept her cool.

When it comes to serving, I never expect anything in return. Yet I will ALWAYS cherish a simple "Thank you."

Tonight we presented the church Christmas program. The turn out was surprising due to the winter storm. During the performance I made sure the actors and actresses smoothly transitioned between scenes, as well as watched the little girls while their parents performed.

At the end of the show, one of our pastors said some closing remarks before we celebrated the end of the night with cake. I was surprised to receive a big "Thank you" and a rose for all of the work I have contributed this past month.


I am so blessed and thankful to be a part of this community. It is a safe place where I am free to struggle, learn, and grow. It is my home.

Comments

Popular Posts