Day 14: In 2016 I will leave behind...

I came across a quote while browsing Instagram today. The writer was speaking of ridding her life of toxic or unhealthy relationships in a gentle way. I began to think of what I should rid my life of in order to live fully.

All day I have been subconsciously making a list of what I want to leave behind in 2016. The new year is quickly approaching, so I wanted to make a list of thoughts, behaviors, relationships, etc. that will be left behind.


In 2016 I will leave behind:

  • Feeling as if I am a burden
  • Self-hate
  • Saying "It's okay" when it is not okay
  • Being too hard on myself
  • Relationships where I am not respected
  • Being consumed with worry or doubt 
  • Apologizing for being myself
  • Allowing my past mistakes and/or regrets hold me back from walking in freedom
  • Self-pity for being single, not having been married or having a family already 



Taking a moment to reflect on this list makes me hopeful for the year to come. I know I have grown in self confidence and self-respect, but there is so much more I need to let go of in order to be the strong, caring, tender hearted woman that I know I am.

Comments

Popular Posts