Day 6: Thanks

A list of what I am thankful for on this day:

  1. My bed and a place to stay.
  2. A working car.
  3. Warmer weather. 
  4. A nice paying job.
  5. A supervisor who appreciates my efforts.
  6. Opportunities at work to improve communication skills and become a better employee.
  7. Holly Jolly Week. Today we colored snowmen for a contest. (Yes, we are all adults.)
  8. Candy, especially chocolate.
  9. Espresso shots. (I only got three hours of sleep last night. Why? I have no idea! But I sure needed an extra boost to get through my shift.)
  10. A second job working at my wonderful church Firehouse Chapel.
  11. To go along with that, the leadership in the church who pour into me, encourage me, disciple me, and do life with me.
  12. Some extra money to get through the next couple of weeks. 
  13. A willingness to clean and organize my apartment. 
  14. The Emperor's New Groove. (I watched this while I packed and folded my laundry.)
  15. Roommates who love me and wish me safe travels and a good time while I am home for Christmas. 

Some of these items seem small, but I want to practice giving thanks for parts of my life that may be frustrating or tedious or blessings I sometimes overlook or take for granted. Making this list today allowed me to process through my day. It was a great exercise. 

Comments

Popular Posts