Days 46-50: Busyness

The past four days were busy, going from one place to the next: work, prep for a conference at church this weekend, phone screening for a job I applied for, setting up the cable and wifi in my apt, getting groceries, going to the conference to do minister to the kids Friday through Sunday, preparing meals for this week, doing laundry, cleaning my apt, going to church, and going back to work. 

Needless to say, I didn't have much time to blog. Yet again, I didn't do much to love on myself during those days either. I spent so much time and energy taking care of others or doing things that seemed responsible and necessary to make my life easier. Therefore, blogging wasn't at the top of my list. 


I appreciate and despise busyness at the same time. At one moment it can be fruitful and meaningful, and even something that keeps me out of trouble. But then it becomes an idol or a means to avoid something, and then I become burnt out. 

Is it possible to find a happy medium?


Yesterday at work, my two scheduled appointments in the morning bailed on me. I was frustrated, but at the same time I was relieved. After that time passed, I never found the energy to be productive. I watched the time pass slowly until I was able to leave. 

That's not how it should be. 

I want to wake up in the morning determined to get things done at work and in my personal life. I want to be productive, yet not become burnt out. This applies to work and my children's pastor position. I don't want to be drained by the end of the day or week. 

It seems when I simplify my life in some way, eventually it gets replaced with something else.


So what needs to change?
How do I apply the good parts of busyness to my life while extracting the bad?

I do not have the answers to my questions right now. But what I do know is I need to refocus on the reason I started my 100 Days of Me. Taking care of myself in small and big ways is a major priority in my life right now. 

So here's to realization and reassessment, mixed with some relaxation. :)

Comments

Popular Posts