Day 42: Dinner Date

Last night I got to see my best friend Bekah after returning from a three month trip to Thailand. 

Bekah and I have developed a beautiful friendship over the past year and a half. It all began in the most organic way possible, and it truly was a divine appointment from God. I'm constantly inspired by her joy, her love for people, and her ever-growing relationship with God.

We started our evening together by checking out my new apartment and then making our way down the street to get some food. My plan was to get pho at a Vietnamese restaurant since I heard a good review from a friend.On our way, Bekah spotted a Thai restaurant and an Asian market across the street. So we ventured over to the market and spent some time looking at all of the interesting packages while Bekah reminisced about shopping in Thailand.

After purchasing some items, we crossed the street to eat Thai instead of Vietnamese (but we made a promise to get pho in the near future). Bekah read through the menu and pointed at the dishes she liked. We both ordered and shared with each other when it arrived.

Among sips of coffee and tea, Bekah told me about her last week in Thailand since we communicated quite frequently when she was there. To me it seemed as though the past three months went by so quickly. It was like she had barely been gone!

We ended our evening by sharing a delicious plate of mangoes and sticky rice. Yum!

I missed this lady. I'm so glad she is back, and I'm excited to see what is in store for the next years of our friendship.

Comments

Popular Posts