Day 45: Early to Bed

Wednesday was a long day. The morning started with an auditor coming from the MN Department of Human Services. They wanted to review 10% of our files from the past year, so my supervisor was in a frenzy for the past week having us check and recheck our files, print case notes, etc. The auditor chose one of my current files, and it happened to be the one I hoped they wouldn't choose. It's funny how that works.

But all was well. 

I met with a client just before I took lunch. Then I got ready for my Job Club class. Two students showed up, and we had a great time learning how to fill out job applications. And we even laughed together when one of the students kept struggling to use the SmartBoard for an interactive job application game I use with the students. 

After class with only a few hours left of work, I started prepping for the conference this weekend at my church. Yes, I probably shouldn't work on my children's ministry stuff at work, but (1) it is a volunteer position (I just can't count it toward AmeriCorps hours because it is religious....which I think is a load of crap. Haha), (2) my case load and work is just slow right now, and (3) putting my curriculum together was all I could focus on that afternoon. 

After leaving work, I stopped at Target for a few items, made my way home, and ordered Jimmy Johns because they are freaky fast and I was too tired to cook. 

I ate my food, then contemplated walking to the corner coffee shop to continue working on the curriculum for this weekend, which was the plan for my evening that I made that morning. But I was too, too tired. 

I got ready for bed, texted my roommate that I was going to bed early, and crawled under my blankets at 9pm. It took me an hour to fall asleep, but it was a much needed rest. 

I'm usually stubborn about my bedtime. I get tired around 8:30pm every night, but I force myself to stay awake until 11pm or later. I think this is because I am a homebody who wants to enjoy the few hours I have at home to do what I want. My day is consumed with commuting and time at work. 

But I know I need to have more days where I go to bed by 9pm. Running on just 6 hours of sleep is not enough most days. 
Hopefully I won't be too stubborn to fight an early bedtime every once in a while. 

Comments

Popular Posts