Days 36-37: Job Search

Some of you may know that I have been looking for a parttime job for the weekends. My AmeriCorps stipend is not paying all the bills.

Finding a decent job with the little amount of availability that I have has been challenging. And finding the energy to fill out applications, tailor my resume, and write cover letters is time consuming when I'm already working 40 hours a week. 

Before today I had only completed two applications. But on Saturday I asked one of my new roommates if she had any job leads. She currently works at a crisis nursery in Minneapolis, so she mentioned their employment opportunities. After discussing my qualifications and learning about her experience, I decided to do more research. 

It turns out that I am perfectly qualified for this position, and it would be easy to work on weekends. 

This morning I put the final touches on a cover letter and edited my resume to be crisis nursery friendly. Twenty minutes after emailing my documents, I received a follow up email saying my application was directed to the appropriate individuals and that I would be contacted in 2 or 3 weeks if they wanted to interview. 

Also, my roommate is going to put in a word for me. :)

So say a prayer or send some encouragement. I hope I get this job, not just for the money, but this would continue to ignite my passion to work with the orphaned, neglected, and mistreated children in our world. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts