27: Three Things I Love About Fall

The blog challenge I am following is titled "Blog Every Day In June." Today's challenge is to expand on three things I love about summertime. Since it is currently autumn, I will share my favorite parts of fall.

Here we go!

  • Cooler temps -- There is something refreshing about the temperature changing from sweaty, humid, and sticky in the summer to dry, crisp, and cool in the fall. It feels good to add an extra blanket to the bed, to shut the windows because it is too cold at night, or to grab a scarf on the way out the door.
  • Baking -- I love to bake. It has always been a stress reliever for me. I love being able to turn on the oven to warm up the house on those chilly days. And the smell of baked goods is always a plus.
  • A change in wardrobe -- Layers, scarves, mittens. Oh my! -- You know that feeling when the temps start getting warmer and you can peel off the layers? Well, that is the same feeling I get when I have to put on an extra layer for the colder temps. After summer has come and gone, pulling on a long sleeve shirt, wearing a scarf, and putting on a jacket feel comforting and familiar. And remembering my favorite scarves and mittens that I have not worn for months. Oddly, it is a good feeling for me. It is a way for me to embrace for the bitter cold of winter.

Comments

Popular Posts