20: A Random Act of Kindness

This past weekend was emotionally trying. I think I cried more than I have ever cried in my entire life. For real.

Last night while I was at work, I knew I needed to seek some support. I needed someone to listen to me spill my thoughts and join me in this current process I am navigating. I text a friend asking her to meet up with me when I got off work. I knew it was a lot to ask of her since it would be quite late. But she responded right away asking where we could meet.

My friend's act of kindness--coming alongside me to hear my heart at late hours of the night--was much appreciated. I value our friendship, our vulnerability, and our willingness to drop whatever in order to help the other.

I have quality people in my life. I am one blessed chica!

Comments

Popular Posts