24: Something Sweet

The other day I stopped at Target to grab some vitamin D-3. I was encouraged by my chiropractor to start taking this vitamin during the fall and winter months. My chiropractor is always looking out for me and concerned about my mental health. 

Since I had time in between one appointment and a meeting with my pastor, I drove over to Target for the vitamins. And with it being Target--the best place in the world--I had to browse the whole store in the little amount of time I had. I got caught up in the nail polish isle and found a cute, simple polish called "Primrose and Proper." 

As I was heading toward the front of the store to checkout, I decided to see what kind of stationary Target had to offer. I picked out a fun set for those moments I am encouraged to write a letter or send a card.**

Which is exactly what I did today.

I made a list of five people who have been my pen pal in the past couple of years. I also wrote a loving note to one of my coworkers. To me this is something sweet. Who doesn't love to receive a handwritten card in the mail or find a thoughtful letter from a workmate!

Writing letters is also therapy for my soul. My depression has been high this week. I was encouraged by my mentor to find ways to combat the lows. I have been trying to keep my mind and body active and busy so that the depression won't sink in.

So if anyone wants to be my pen pal, hit me up! I cannot promise I will respond in a timely manner, but I will do my best to write as often as I can. 
Let's be friends!




**No one can leave Target without getting at least one thing they didn't go there for. 

Comments

Popular Posts