Day 29: Being Loved

Some advice I shared with a friend this week:

I started seeing a therapist recently. My last session with her I mentioned how messed up my love life was this past year and how I'm fearful to put myself out there again. She encouraged me to not let my fear keep me from being the person that I am. Maybe I am sensitive and wear my heart on my sleeve, and I'm a person that loves deeply. Those are okay things. I was really encouraged by that. 
I guess I'm sharing because my hope is that your fear of being hurt again will not keep you from being the great person that you are.



I do not talk about my love life much, mainly because most of my relationships are flings that seem to have potential but end up in heartbreak. I guess I'm just sparing myself from public humiliation. 
But as I just mentioned, I want to truly embrace the person that I am. I love deeply. I desire to be loved. These are beautiful things. 

In that session with my therapist she asked me how I want to be treated in a romantic relationship and what that would look like. I said I want to be treated like a queen. I want someone to WANT to do life with me. My therapist said, "That doesn't seem very queen-like." But to me, being cherished, adored, and loved is what desire. 

I am content right now, though. There is still some hurt and healing I need to muddle through. Yes, I long to spend my life with someone, but for now things are good. I am at peace. 

Comments

Popular Posts