Day 22: Quiet

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment with my primary care physician. Thankfully she was able to squeeze me in at the end of her work day. After analyzing my right hand, having me do weird hand movements, and discussing anything that might have been different these past couple of weeks, she decided I probably did not have carpal tunnel syndrome. She thinks something is going on with my nerves since the numbness and pain are only in some areas. So she gave me a clunky brace and referred me to schedule an EMG test to see what might be going on. 

So this morning I called the employee appointment line at my hospital, waited on hold for 5 minutes, and found out the next available EMG appointment is not until February 7th. I booked the appointment but decided I cannot wait that long for more answers. I scheduled a last minute appointment with my chiropractor and met with him after I got off work. 

My chiropractor is the best. I have written Instagram posts about him in the past. He is encouraging and has a fatherly approach to his work. 

After I told him what was going on, he said it is most likely carpal tunnel. Honestly, he seemed to know more about the situation and knew how to help me out. Not saying my PCP was wrong or uninformed; I truly value her patient care. 


In the middle of my session with my chiropractor, he said, "Have we talked about the book Quiet, with a big Q on the front?"

What?

I preceded to tell him that we had never talked about this book. He said it is about introversion in the world and how it is an okay thing (that was almost exactly how he described the book). He wrote the book title and author's name on the back of his business card and told me to check out the book online before or if I chose to buy it. He said this was my homework. 


It is good to feel cared for in such a way. Not only does he care for my physical needs, but he genuinely gets to know who I am. 

I am going to order this book. My chiropractor said he has read it four times. I think it will be quite meaningful for my life. 

Comments

Popular Posts