Day 19: Manic Monday

This morning after pressing snooze one too many times, I quickly got out of bed, showered, got ready, grabbed coffee at Caribou, and then made the long trek to Shakopee. I scheduled last minute plans to treat myself to a massage and hang out with my dear friend Ashley on my day off. 

The massage was excellent. I am fairly certain I have carpal tunnel syndrome because three of my fingers on my right hand have been numb for over a week. I did consult my doctor and will be getting it checked out further. With that in mind, the massage therapist focused on my arm and shoulder muscles, as well as my lower back which has been aching. 

As the day went on I could feel the fatigue set in from the massage. After grabbing lunch with Ashley and making a random stop at Goodwill, I made my way back home, but not before stopping to grab groceries and some items from Target. 

I got home and somehow managed to carry everything in as my arm muscles were giving way. I quickly put everything away, then put in a load of laundry, then cleaned the bathroom. Yet all I wanted to do was rest. 

I finally made my way to my bed just in time to turn around and switch the laundry and prep meals for this week. Everything is now done, put away, and somewhat cleaned. 

Right now I'm overcome by physical weakness, resentment, a bit of anger, and frustration. 

So I will take a deep breath, exhale, say a prayer, and give it over to God. My hope is that tomorrow will be a little less of a manic Monday. 

Comments

Popular Posts