Day 21: Loving ALL of Me

Today I stepped on a scale for the first time in at least two months. I was not pleased with the results. I do not talk about my weight very often because it is something we all know is there. So I do not feel the need to acknowledge it more than it already presents itself.

I do not like how I look most days, but I try so hard to embrace myself and love myself. Yes, I know I would benefit from losing weight  I think maybe I am afraid of speaking everything out loud for fear of hating myself or becoming obsessive about my appearance and trying to fix it.

I started running a few years ago. I loved it. But due to back pain I have had to refrain from running. Because of that, I never really picked up another physical activity.

So today I have made a decision to sign up for the gym membership at my work place. The biggest concern I have about this is working out at a hospital, a place where your body is already being evaluated, seems like the worst combination for someone like me. But I am doing this for me. It does not matter what anyone else does or possibly thinks.

I want to love myself, all of myself.

Comments

Popular Posts