5: Home

During the first six months of this year my idea of what home should be was put to the test. My place of comfort--my sanctuary--was ripped away in an instant. The environment became hostile and unhealthy. The tension was unbearable. I began to spend as much time outside of my apartment as I could. My emotional, mental, and physical health was greatly impacted by this adverse change.

As I was preparing for the transition out of that apartment, I made the ambitious decision to find a place just for myself. I wanted to reclaim my home, my place of sanctuary, my sacred space. The months leading up to my move, I fantasized and yearned for this place I could take ownership of. 

In July, I moved into my humble abode. That same day my Boo came to live with me. I quickly unpacked and organized my quaint space to my liking. I needed my apartment to feel like home as soon as possible.

Living by myself has been a blessing. Every time I come home I look forward to unlocking the front door, stepping inside, and letting out a sigh of relief knowing there will be no tension or drama. I do not have to build up my own wall of defense in order to be in my home. I can just....be.

That is how home should be--a place of rest, a sanctuary, a welcoming space.

So I invite you into my home. Join me for a cup of coffee, or two.
Come see my Boo. He loves attention, and he will entertain you more than I ever could. 

Comments

Popular Posts