4: Someone Who Makes You Happy

In August, I started using a dating app. I decided it was time to take a step into the online dating world since that seems to be the only way to meet people these days. While using this app, I was interested to see that I was matched with a wide array of men from all different backgrounds. It was fun getting to know new people and see who is out there.

Most of my experiences were so-so, some were not so great, and some were too much for me to handle. I deleted the app mid-September after some unfortunate circumstances. But I am pleased that I still keep in contact with some of the men I have met. I have developed some new friendships.

Let me tell you about the last guy I met on the dating app.

The first day I was matched with this man on the app, we talked the whole day and late into the night. On our date the next day, we met for a quick lunch and then parted ways as he had to go to work. We saw each other quite a bit that week.

I want to say it was the third day I had known this man when he mentioned to me that it seemed we had known each other for years. The feeling was mutual.
We instantly connected. Spending time with him was comforting. I never felt the need to impress him or be someone I am not. I was just me, and he accepted that.

One day last week after getting off of work, he called me as he was at the grocery store. I told him I was hungry for pancakes. Then he came over and made crepes for me (crepes are pancakes in his home country). Then we spent the night sharing the list of friends and family who know about our relationship. My list was quite extensive compared to his.

The next morning I text him with a handful of names I forgot to mention on my list. I told him I feel the urge to tell those close to me about him, because I am happy. He makes me happy, and I want people to know why I am happy.

He said, "You make me smile always, and I'm happy I can make you happy."

😍

I am doing my level best to take this one day at a time and not get in over my head. I do not know what is in store for our relationship, but right now I am happy. That is all that matters.

He is the someone who makes me happy.

Comments

Popular Posts