2: Your Morning Routine

When I was first hired on at the hospital, I worked the second shift. This schedule negatively impacted my daily routine and social life. So when given the opportunity to switch to the daytime first shift, I jumped on board as quickly as I could.

It has been a year and a half since I started my daytime schedule. In that time frame my boss has requested my flexibility to temporarily switch back to the second shift in order to cover vacation requests, training new employees, or maternity leave. That is where my life is right now. I have been on the second shift for almost a month, and I will continue to work this schedule until just after Thanksgiving.

My morning routine has been rocky with my new work schedule. Some days I have to get myself out of bed early, but most days I sleep in as long as I can. I got to a point of feeling guilty for sleeping in and wasting daylight, but I have come to a personal understanding that it is okay for me to sleep in when I need to. I should not let myself feel guilty for enjoying some extra sleep from time to time.

I always go to bed at night thinking I should wake up early and do SOMETHING. I set my alarm hoping I will just jump out of bed right away. But what happens is I press snooze for an hour, sometimes longer. It drives my cat nuts. He hates when I interrupt his sleep, so he will snuggle in closer to make me stay a little bit longer.

How can I resist cuddles from my Boo.


So that is my current morning routine: filled with extra sleep and warm snuggles.

Comments

Popular Posts