"Trust the past to God's mercy, the present to God's love, and the future to God's providence." - Augustine

My last spring break of my college career is coming to a close, and I have to say it has been the best one yet. Despite having a cold during the entirety of my break and having a blizzard mess with some of my plans, I feel completely and utterly blessed.

I was able to see almost all of my family, celebrate one of my best friend's birthdays, go out for coffee with my friends twice, work at my old movie theater job, and go to my old youth group and visit with my youth pastor and his wife.

I kept busy, not on purpose, but I just wanted to spend as much time with friends and family as I could, especially because I won't be seeing them until July when I return from Uganda. Now that I'm back on campus, I feel like my feet and mind are still going. I spent most of today focusing on a photography assignment for class, working in the caf, and spending time with my roommate.

Somehow, in the craziness of today, I managed to pour myself a cup of coffee and sit down with my Bible and devotional. I read about seeking God's face.

Here is an excerpt from what I read:
"Instead of single-mindedly pursuing some goal, talk with Me about it. Let the Light of My Presence shine on this pursuit, so that you can see it from My perspective. If the goal fits into My plans for you, I will help you reach it. Seek Me first and foremost; then the rest of your life will fall into place, piece by piece."

As I was walking back to campus from taking pictures downtown this evening, I started to reflect on what these words meant for me today.

Want to know a secret that will not be a secret for long?
I'm going to tell you whether you want to know or not.

I HAVE ALL OF MY MONEY FOR MY INTERNSHIP THIS SUMMER!!!

Last night when I got back to school from being home for a week, I checked my mailbox. In my mailbox were four envelopes. I opened them, knowing what they were. I counted the numbers on the checks made out to my name for my internship, and I added that number to the money I have received thus far, plus what I have been saving from my own pocket. And guess what! It was exactly the amount I was hoping to raise!

HOLY COW! I was so in awe of God's provision for me. It has been less than a month since I sent out my support letters and started this whole process.
God has truly provided for me in a way I never imagined.

At the beginning of this journey to figure out where, when, and how I would be doing my internship, I kept handing it over to God, asking Him to lead me. It's been rocky. I wanted to back out of it completely at one point. I was so overwhelmed with details and the large amount of money I had to raise. But I kept giving it back to God.

Here's a little tidbit about me: I worry. Sometimes a lot! But I think I am in a place in my life where I am able to manage it better than I used to. I try to catch my worry before it takes over. I give it to God, because I know there really is no need for me to worry in the first place. It doesn't solve anything, and it hurts only me.
So with this internship, I have been catching my worry and giving it to God.

I thought it was such a Godsequence that one of the verses with my devotion for the day was Matthew 6:33. Before I share this verse, I want to share the one right after it. Verse thirty-four says, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

I have been taught that when you see the word "therefore" in scripture, you should ask, "Why is it there for?" So this is why, I believe, Jesus is telling us (me) to not worry about tomorrow, because it says in verse thirty-three, "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

Instead of worrying, we are called to seek His face. Am I right????

Gosh, I just feel so incredibly blessed by my Papa. He is Jehovah Jireh---the Lord who Provides!


God is taking me through this journey of learning to trust in Him with the little things and the big things. It's been a choice. I have to choose to trust, to give it over, to let Him lead me.

And I'm finally understanding what it means to be lead and have complete faith.

---

"Look to the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always." - 1 Chronicles 16:11

Comments

Popular Posts