Acts 10:15

The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”


---


Kari means pure, or pure of heart.
Yesterday in church, the guest speaker shared mostly about his life and the stories he has from all of his experience as a missionary, a preacher, and a president of a Christian university. I was zoned out through most of what he said, but when he shared this single verse, all I could do was dwell on what this means for my identity.


There is so much truth in this verse that I don't even know where to begin to describe its meaning for my life.
I was so overwhelmed by this in church, that I become anxious. I didn't hear anything the speaker said after this. I even wrote out a check and put it in the offering for him, mostly because of how impressed I was by this verse.


I'm pure. That's who I am. That is who God destined me to be before I was even born.
Because of sin, I often feel unworthy of grace and therefore cannot accept it. But this verse is saying that God has called me pure, and I need to stop denying my worth and identity.


It wasn't a coincidence that later that day, my friend shared Matthew 5:8 with me: Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.


Umm....what!!?


Obviously I've heard that verse a million times, but only now it has meaning for me.
All of this has left me with so much to think about.

Comments

Popular Posts