Checking In

I'm back!

It has been quite some time since my last blog post. Over a year. Yikes! 

To be honest, I think I'm just coming out of a long, dry season of life. I do not know how it started or what happened to spark this season. I have been sulking and barely getting by, and I have had enough to it.

So I'm back at it. 

Writing is one of my passions. So I need to do this for myself. I started journaling frequently, so I hope this spurs some blog posts as I continue to write.


A lot has happened this past year: 

- I quit my role as a Children's Pastor at the Ethiopian church. It's kind of a long story...
- I moved, yet again. 
- I was hired on by HCMC, then hired on full time in February.
- I turned 25! I'm getting old now....
- I got my first car in November. It was the most stressful experience. That car was on the verge of falling apart at any moment. But it taught me a lot.
- I traded in that car, and I'm now leasing a new car. 
- I accepted a Co-Chair position on the Twin Cities World Refugee Day Planning Committee. This is my third year volunteering with the organization. It has been very challenging and stressful to plan this event over the past six months.
- I have been "trying" to do job search and find a different job. But now I'm at this point where I do not know if I should continue looking or stay at HCMC.
- I started going to a new church in February. I have felt strongly about going to this church for the past couple of years. So I finally went! I was so scared to go initially, because I know this church will be a great source of healing for me.
- I am regularly meeting with a new mentor. She is such a blessing to my life.
- I have been taking great care of my body and taking steps to better my health.
- I'm in the process of moving again. I hope this will be my last time moving for at least two years. I'm getting so tired of moving every year.
- I have been in love. A couple of times. My heart has been broken a lot! (Stay tuned for more on this later.)


That's my year in a nutshell. I guess I can see now how much change and growth I have gone through. No wonder it has been a hard season. So much change is hard for a girl like me!

Taking a step back and looking at this list, I need to learn to not be so hard on myself. Transition is not an easy process, and it is quite hard to be in the midst of so many changes with a smile on your face. 

I have been through a lot, and I'm ready for this next season of life.

Comments

Popular Posts