Praise the Lord, for He redeems my life from the pit and crowns me with love and compassion. (Psalm 103:4)

I'm having one of those moments where the hurt I feel in my emotions is truly making my heart ache. I'm sure I have experienced this before, but I am just now fully aware of it.

I feel hurt, broken, abused, and assaulted.
And I can feel all of this in the depths of my heart.

I feel wronged, misunderstood, and mistreated.
I feel broken and messy.

So, what I'm going to do is sit at my Daddy's feet. He sees my hurting heart.


I went to Praise Gathering tonight, and they sang the song "One Thing Remains" by Jesus Culture.
This line in the song truly spoke to my heart:

"Constant through the trial and the change. One thing remains: Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me."

I'll admit that I'm in a valley right now. But I know that God's love will always be there for me. How amazing is that?!

Two years ago I read one single devotion written by Smith Wigglesworth. My roommate had been borrowing this devotional from a friend of hers, and she let me use it for a couple of weeks. It sat on my desk for the longest time, until one morning I read a devotion. I wrote down on a notecard the overall content of his devotion. Here is what it said:

"Believe that God is greater than you are, greater than your heart, greater than your thoughts."


I guess when I apply this to my valley, my broken and hurt heart, I know that God is bigger than that. He's greater.
I'm going to praise Him through my trial and change, because He is constant.

Comments

Popular Posts