My sister, Winny.


This is Winny. She is my sister from Makhai Village, Mbale, Uganda. She is fourteen years old.
It is only because of God that I met her. She blessed my life in so many ways. 
I've been missing this beautiful girl.

Here is a part of my journal entry from May 24, 2011:
Yesterday was literally the saddest day of my life!
In the morning I was sitting in the living room journalling. Winny came in, sat on the chair, and was writing something on a piece of paper. It was time for breakfast, so I went to my room to put my notebook away. Winny came into my room and handed me a letter. I sat on my bed to read it. I wanted to bawl my eyes out. I had to try so hard to get through breakfast without losing it.
After breakfast I decided I needed to write a note back to Winny. I wrote that I loved her and that she is my younger sister. I told her that if God ever allows me to come back to Uganda, that I will let her know. I thanked her for all of the photos she took on my camera. And I told her that I loved listening to her laugh. She will forever have a special place in my heart. I miss her so much already!
When I gave her the letter, she was packing her trunk and crying. I hope she wasn't sad about leaving me, yet, at the same time, it makes me feel appreciated and loved.
Later, I was sitting outside, and I decided that I would give Winny my awesome head wrap that I got from REI. She always was wearing that bandana, so I thought it was the perfect gift for her.
Winny went over to her clothes that were on the line.
I gave my headband to Winny, and later she was wearing it.
Later it came time for Winny to leave for boarding school. Before we left the house, Robina asked me to pray for Winny. When I got done, Winny had tears running down her face.
I gave her a huge hug when I said goodbye to her. I really hope I can see her in the future. It was totally a God thing that we were placed in each other's lives.

...

I don't want to believe that God sent me to Uganda so that I could just be here now.

Comments

Popular Posts